The elective: Big Data Workshop
This course is intended to qualify the student to:
- Analyse, Design and Implementation of Big Data .
The student has knowledge about:
- the theory and practice of the Big Data topic
- understand the concepts of Volume, Variety, Velocity, Variability, Veracity and Complexity for Big Data..
- understand Big Data as data driven business (e.g. new combination of data to provide new services)
The student can:
- select, describe and search for literature concerning a problem of his/her own choice within the context of information technology
- discuss relevant processes and analytical approaches associated with the Big Data i.e. maintaining Big Data problems and develope a solution, this could be from analyzing sociel medias
- communicate key results.
- be able to set up a small experiment using techniques and tools from Big Data (mostly Hadoop) e.g. databases, deduce new knowledge, some kind of artificial intelligence
The student can:
- familiarise himself/herself with Big Data in the context of the theory and/or practices of the discipline without the assistance of others
- put the chosen topic(s) into a wide perspective and relate it/them to the other topics addressed during the programme.
- reflect on different uses of Big Data for solving the business of tomorrow.
This course is a part the exams after the 4th semester.
During the course the student must hand in mandatory assignments. Mandatory assignments must be passed before the exam.
If possible a company will provide a case study to be the base of the mandatory assignment.
The elective educational elements give the student an opportunity to enhance his/her academic and professional
competence by specialising and putting themes into perspective within the wider scope of Big Data with a special focus on Hadoop.